We are currently working on our site to provide in depth descriptions of of Destinations.
We are able to make online reservations and can take your individual requests through our contact form, so if you have a Holiday Booking Request please fill out the Contact Form below.
Currently we offer the following online facilities :
Flight BookingsHotel BookingsCar RentalTaxi Transfer
We look forward to helping you and do not hesitate to contact us if you need our expert help and advice to facilitate your needs.
Ski Holidays | Lakes Holidays | City Breaks | Mountain Holidays
Tignes / Val d’Isère ski area
- 300 kilometers of slopes and 82 lifts
- one of the largest and highest ski areas in France
- Glacier slopes up to an altitude of 3,456 m
- Awarded the “Best Place to Ski” as well as the “Famille Plus” ski area
2) Tignes / Val d’Isère piste map
3) Skiing in the Tignes / Val d’Isère ski areaThe Tignes / Val d’Isère ski area offers slopes for every level of ability and every requirement. The huge area has a large selection of easy slopes and lots of services for families. Of the 300 km of slopes, 170 km are of an easy level. From the two main towns of Val d’Isère and Tignes, the cable cars and funiculars go up to the ski area from different parts of the town. Above Val d’Isère, skiing takes place on the slopes of the Solaise and the Bellevarde. The Solaise offers a diverse range of slopes, including a large beginner’s zone with blue slopes, a boardercross route, but also great ski routes. From there there is also a lift connection to the neighboring Pissaillas Glacier, where mainly red slopes are located. The slopes on Fornet and Pissaillas open up views of the Haute-Maurienne and in the summer months of June and July the glacier is also open for skiing. At Bellevarde there is a large plateau with green, very flat slopes. Lower down in the wooded area, on the other hand, red and black runs dominate. From Bellevarde it goes over to Tovière and thus seamlessly into the ski area of Tignes. Numerous easy to moderately difficult slopes await there, as well as offers especially for small children and beginners. In Val Claret and Le Lac, for example, there is a children’s park and a snow playground. On the “L’Acticross” fun slope, winter sports enthusiasts of all ages can expect a wave run, a snow tunnel and other obstacles. Overall, the strong family offer in the Tignes / Val d’Isère ski area has been given the top five-star rating in our rating.
4) Expert evaluationThe Tignes / Val d’Isère ski area is one of the most popular and best rated ski areas in the entire Alpine region, and our experts also join in. With 4.8 stars in our overall rating, this ski area can hardly be topped.
5) Off-piste activitiesThe other leisure activities in Tignes and Val d’Isère are almost as varied as the slopes in the ski area. The frozen lake of Tignes forms a wonderful natural ice rink where you can skate for free. Ice diving in the lake is a special experience. In addition, the tourist offices offer various fun sports such as snake gliss and snowmobiling, winter mountain biking and karting on ice – to name just a few. Winter hikers will find six marked winter hiking trails around Tignes. You can also enjoy the afternoon in Tignes in a quiet way. A few hours of wellness, relaxing in the sauna or splashing around with the children is wonderful in the Le Lagon leisure pool. The local cinema shows current films several times a day. In Val d’Isère, the fun sports offer is even more exclusive: Paragliding, speed riding, flights in helicopters and sports aircraft or a training ride on ice in a sports car leave nothing to be desired. Winter hiking, snowshoe trekking, ice climbing, dog sledding or ice skating in the town centre are also part of the leisure program. In addition to the Savonette drag lift, child-friendly tobogganing is possible on an approximately 1 km long toboggan run. When it comes to après-ski, the two main towns of Tignes and Val d’Isère are in no way inferior. In both places there are numerous bars, pubs and restaurants for cozy or boozy get-togethers. In the evening it goes on in the numerous clubs and discos. Above all, Val d’Isére has some fine addresses to offer here.
6) Locations in the Tignes / Val d’Isère ski areaTignes is divided into three altitudes: the village of Tignes-les-Brevières at 1,550 m, Tignes 1800 on the lake shore and Tignes 2100. The latter is the ski station in the middle of the mountains at 2,100 m above Lac de Chevril. The three districts Le Lavachet, Val Claret and Tignes-le-Lac are located around the mountain lake Lac-de-Tignes and thus offer a great mountain-lake panorama. In winter, ice sports are offered on the frozen lake. In Tignes 2100 you are practically in the middle of the ski area and numerous lifts provide access to Tovière, Percée, Palet and the Grande Motte Glacier. At the end of the valley, on the Isère river, lies Val d’Isere (1,850 m) with the two districts of La Daille and Le Fornet. Cable cars run from all three districts to the ski area. Val d’Isère with its 1,600 inhabitants is characterized by its very own, sophisticated flair. In addition to cozy chalets and the old baroque church, life pulsates in the shopping streets, bars and cafes. Eating out in style, celebrating exuberantly, getting active in sports, experiencing events – holidaymakers can expect the full program here.
7) Arrival in the Tignes / Val d’Isère ski areaThe easiest way to get to Tignes and Val d’Isère directly is by car. Drivers come from the north via Albertville, Moûtiers and Bourg-Saint-Maurice. From there it’s another 30 km uphill to Tignes. Driving past the lake, after another kilometer you finally reach Val d’Isère. The closest train station to the ski area is also in Bourg-Saint-Maurice. From there, taxis and special shuttle buses run to the ski resorts. The nearest airports are in Chambéry, Switzerland (approx. 145 km) and Turin (approx. 165 km) in Italy. Grenoble is a little further away at 220 km, but as an exciting Alpine metropolis, it is ideal for a short stopover during the journey.
08:00 – 18:00
08:00 – 18:00
08:00 – 18:00
08:00 – 18:00