We are currently working on our site to provide in depth descriptions of of Destinations.
We are able to make online reservations and can take your individual requests through our contact form, so if you have a Holiday Booking Request please fill out the Contact Form below.
Currently we offer the following online facilities :
Flight BookingsHotel BookingsCar RentalTaxi Transfer
We look forward to helping you and do not hesitate to contact us if you need our expert help and advice to facilitate your needs.
Ski Holidays | Lakes Holidays | City Breaks | Mountain Holidays
1) General information about the Bansko ski area
- Location in the Pirin National Park in southwestern Bulgaria
- Slopes up to an altitude of 2,560 m
- 48 kilometers of slopes, 16 lifts and 8 km of ski routes
- Modern and cheap: Accommodation, meals and ski pass are affordable
2) Bansko trail map
3) skiing in the Bansko ski areaThe difference in altitude from the valley station to the highest point of the popular Bansko ski area in the Pirin Mountains is over 1,500 m. An extensive network of pistes allows skiers of all abilities a relaxed and safe descent into the valley, which also brings numerous challenges – if you want to. The total of 48 km of runs are evenly distributed over the three levels of difficulty: around 20 km fall into the blue category and are particularly suitable for beginners, families with children and basic courses at the ski schools. But also many stretches of the red slopes with a total length of 24 km are so well groomed that they can be mastered with the necessary patience for families. The 4 km black slope, on the other hand, better known as the “Alberto Tomba run” – is reserved for experts and professionals. Below the Todorka summit there is even plenty of space for freeriders who can look forward to great natural jumps. The Bansko ski area therefore receives four stars for both beginners and experts and freeriders.
4) Expert evaluationWith an excellent overall rating of almost four stars, the Bansko ski area is also a real insider tip among our experts. The modern design with some new lifts ensures an outstanding five stars. Many categories, including the “guaranteed snow” and the organization in the ski resort with the “orientation thanks to the piste map, information boards & signage”, achieve a very good four stars. This also applies to the appealing après-ski locations, which can be found in all varieties, from rustic to hot. The very good price-performance ratio in gastronomy is also rewarded with four stars. But that’s not enough. There are also multiple four stars for the evaluation criteria for special interests: The options for “beginners” receive this top rating as well as those for “experts & Current status and further information at SnowTrex.
5) Off-piste activitiesThe location in the heart of the most beautiful landscapes, with great views of the Pirin mountain peaks and untouched nature makes Bansko a winter sports center with a very special charm. Winter vacationers should definitely take the time to consciously enjoy nature and the landscape away from the slopes. Long winter hikes and snowshoe tours are best suited for this. Hiking in the snow is made easier by rolling trails, and beginners with no experience in snowshoeing can find professional guidance on site. A trip on the popular narrow-gauge railway, several times a day in the valley near Bansko, is highly recommended not only for families. The center of Bansko is ideal for strolling and strolling in the afternoon and evening. Numerous small inns – the so-called Mehanas – convince with good, hearty cuisine and reasonable prices. In “Hadjirouskova Kashta” the landlord sings folk songs for his guests almost every evening. Our experts therefore award excellent four stars for the excellent hospitality in the mountain restaurants, huts and gastronomy of all kinds. Due to the very good price-performance ratio, it is not too expensive to go out to eat every evening with the whole family. That only makes the Bansko ski area even more interesting for families. Young people without minors can end the day on the slopes in a very rustic way and in the best of party mood. You can start right at the valley station with a visit to the “Happy End”. Afterwards, for example, the “Amnesia Disco Club” attracts with a great atmosphere and hot party nights. Night turns into day in various clubs and discos.
6) Locations in the Bansko ski areaThe ski resort of Bansko , which gives its name to the Bansko ski resort of the same name, is located in the southwest of Bulgaria at the foot of the Pirin Mountains. The cities of Sofia and Thessaloniki are approximately 160 km and 220 km away, respectively. The small communities and towns in the area, like Bansko with around 14,000 inhabitants, are connected by the Rhodope narrow-gauge railway. In the last 15 years, the area has received strong tourism support. Above all, the expansion of the slopes was and is being promoted. In recent years in particular, however, sustainability and environmental compatibility have increasingly come into focus again. One reason for this is likely to be the increasing number of summer tourists who want to experience the beautiful and partially untouched nature in the Pirin National Park.
7) Arrival in the Bansko ski areaWith its great location at the foot of the Pirin Mountains and away from the big cities of Bulgaria, the municipality of Bansko is a very attractive, but not so easily accessible ski resort. The two closest major cities with flight connections are Sofia and Plovdiv. Sofia is about 160 km to the north and can be reached in around two hours, depending on the route. Although Plovdiv is a similar distance away, it is not as well connected by road, which is why the journey time is at least 2.5 hours. A drive from Germany to the Bansko ski area does not seem advisable, for example if you would be traveling a good 15 hours from Munich. The plane is much faster with a pure flight time of just under two hours. Then it goes by rental car from Sofia to Bansko. If you don’t feel comfortable driving on the Bulgarian roads, you can also take the train. It drives very comfortably to the center of Bansko.
8) Weather, snow depths and webcams of BanskoHave a look at the ski area beforehand and see if the sun is shining? SnowTrex provides information about the weather, current snow depths and webcam images .
08:00 – 18:00
08:00 – 18:00
08:00 – 18:00
08:00 – 18:00